Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's in a Word - Volunteer Manager

The impetus for writing this blog post came from the degree of interest I received in my most recent blog post, The A-Z of What Volunteers Want.  I thought that I would use a similar formula to write down some of the characteristics which a volunteer manager may exhibit.  There are many words to describe the many traits that a volunteer manager may have.  However to challenge myself, I have utilized a form of constrained writing to limit the choice of words that I use by writing my own list of characteristics of a volunteer manager in the form of an acrostic poem using the words Volunteer Manager.
Valued
Openness
Leadership
Uniqueness
Networking
Trust
Enthusiasm
Engagement
Resourcefulness

Maturity
Attitude (+ve)
Nice
Appreciation
Growth
Enterprising
Respect

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
I am sure that you have your own list of volunteer manager traits.
Be bold, be brave, be Creative.   Here’s your chance to – write your list!!!

You can also find this post on the I-Volunteer website.

If you would like to create your own word image like the one above go to the Wordie website and create your own.  Have Fun!!!

4 comments:

International Volunteer Managers Day 2013

As we approach another International Volunteer Managers Day (IVMD), I ponder the true meaning of the day.   The banners and posters on the...