Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thank You Speeches to Volunteers

As we approach National Volunteer Week my thoughts turn to volunteers and the incredible contribution that they make to society.  I was  inspired to write the following speech to volunteers.





A quote which really resonates with me is “Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away”.

As I look around the room I see a sea of faces.  Each face tells a story; so many faces, so many stories.  You come from many different backgrounds.  You have many different life experiences and yet you all have at least one thing in common, your willingness to give your time to help others.  

I am humbled by your generosity of spirit and your compassion for your fellow human beings.  It is all of you who so generously give your time, your warmth, your humour and your caring.  It is all of you, doing what you do, who take my breath away.  Thank you for volunteering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

International Volunteer Managers Day 2013

As we approach another International Volunteer Managers Day (IVMD), I ponder the true meaning of the day.   The banners and posters on the...